Coos Estuary Land Use Analysis Project
The Project creates no financial burden to Coos County; and will accomplish these objectives:
1. Assist the County’s Planning Department to collect and analyze up-to-date information to include current land ownerships, designated land uses, and regulatory policies that are not clearly articulated in the current CBEMP; formatted for improved clarity and accessibility by CBEMP users.
2. Assemble and articulate land use recommendations as proposed by the Cities of North Bend and Coos Bay, and the Port of Coos Bay (and other local agencies) that address two perspectives: 1) needs associated with economic development; and 2) needs for natural resource conservation and restoration.
3. Develop a series of scenarios that integrate current development and conservation criteria, and other potential land use or development opportunities to provide the County Planning Department a basis for public involvement during the anticipated CBEMP revision process.
- Create a financial burden for any local agency budgets; except for minimal staff time
- Make land use decisions, advocate for or against any particular project, or use data not acceptable to participating agencies or organizations
- Exclusively represent or respond to the legal or political interests of any single local government or agency (e.g., County, Cities, Port, Tribes)